50 things...

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I haven't ever done this before- but I thought that is would be a nice treat to myself in feeling like I am getting into that 'soul searching' mode. I decided while I was moving the trash cans around that I should list somethings that make me happy. I know that 50 things can be daunting and sounds crazy long, but I am hoping that it will teach me to look at things differently (plus 20 sounded like too few). In doing this I began to simply realize that I have so many things in my life that put a smile on my face and/or gives me that quiet deep feeling that comes from the heart felt sort of happy things. Here is my list for today (not in any kind of order).

1. Being in love, and being loved.
2. My husband
3. My sweet baby bug, how thankful I am to have her
4. Her coming up and wanting "big hug"
5. Laughing with my family
6. Little Bug giggles
7. Working on the garden and waiting for the results
8. Watching the birds on our new feeders, and pecking around on the ground
9. Spring time with all the new life around me (which I got to see new calves today)
10. Windows open and feeling the cool breeze flowing through the house with a cleansing spirit about it
11. The glow of candles burning
12. Soft socks cushioning my feet
13. Cuddling up in the blankets (although this will be almost over as warmer weather arrives)
14. Feeling healthier
15. Having the dishes done
16. Eating healthy
17. Having the time and opportunity to sit and play with Little Bug
18. Being able to wear flip flops or let my toes feel the soft grass
19. Soft green grass
20. My camera and video camera
21. Optimism and day dreams
23. Long conversations with my family and them contributing like I am not still a little girl
24. The cool phone my sweet hubby gave me
25. Silence from time to time, and being still
26. Reading a good book
27. Roses in bloom
28. Wildflowers
29. Long walks in the park and stopping to see things around us
30. Learning new signs with Little Bug
31. Ice cold tea!
32. Sleeping in without feeling guilty
33. Getting my chores done for each day (fly lady style)
34. Having a neat bedroom where everything is set (that is not the way it is now, but it sure makes me happy when it is)
35. Finding a great deal
36. Long hot showers (shave legs, wash hair, exfoliate, scrub)
37. Attending a Farmer's Market and finding yummy foods
38. Doing good things for my Mom
40. Being friends with my Mom
41. Seeing fall foliage, it is just amazing that trees can make such beautiful colors all year long
42. Being pregnant really made me happy and feel amazing (I know, weird)
43. Fresh sheets with shaved legs
44. Eating fajitas
45. Camping out and making smores by the fire
46. Magazines, all kinds- just flipping through crisp pages and getting your brain flowing with all ranges of ideas
47. dollarstorecrafts.com, I like shopping at the dollar store for hidden finds
48. Getting my hair chopped off and then styled
49.Getting a pedicure (not many- just a few a year)
50. Going to Homestead Heritage and reminding myself that life can be just as happy when it's a little simpler.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Momabilities. Design by Pocket